Last night we went grocery shopping – which I love. Seriously. It’s my favorite part of the week. Planning out the weeks worth of meals, and then putting together the grocery list and then doing the actual shopping. Anyway, not the point.
I was in the produce section with Princess Snarf Popper and ran into my husband (he tends to take King of the WooHoo’s and do his own thing, just meandering around the groceries.) and his mother, who were talking. While they were talking I noticed he had some lottery tickets. My husband is NOT the kind of guy to just throw $20 out of a moving car, so I asked him about it later. He answered “It’s half a billion dollars. How can I NOT play?” Touche. Unfortunately that has got me dreaming about what we would do with HALF A BILLION dollars!
We’d buy a house. At least 4 bedrooms. One for me and the kiddos, one for the husband (don’t judge – he gets up at 3 am, so he wants a good night of sleep and also doesn’t want to keep us awake with his early morning stuff!) one for Princess Snarf Popper to eventually sleep in and one for a playroom. A HUGE, kitchen, with a walk-in pantry. A little shop for the husband. A little craft room for me. A barn. (For animals, duuuuuh.) Plenty of land. We’d make a kick ass play area for the kids! We’d buy a car with plenty of leg room, that doesn’t have a slipping transmission. Hell, we’d buy two… or three cars! We would pay off all bills, try to get custody of the Red Headed Wonder Child. And really… I can’t think of any more that we would do. I wonder if that would use up all of the half a billion. What would you do?
OH! Wait! I would ALSO go get King of the WooHoo’s surgery done in New York. And I’d start a charity. Tho, I don’t exactly know what for. But I would think of something.
Well, hello there!
Reason for this blog? I called my husband a couple hours ago at work. I said “Honey. I’ve made a decision.” His first question was “How much will it cost me?” (Really, honey? I’m kind of hurt.) My reply: “I think we should find a spot of land that nobody owns and go build a tree house on it! Waaaaay out in the woods. Lets do it. We need to. We have to do something different!”
There was a pause.
Then, “Um…. are you regressing?”
So, I apologized and just mentioned that I had thought it was a good idea.
He replied, “It is a good idea! I love it, but there aren’t any spots of land that nobody owns. (Manda speaking here – Is that really true? If so, I think that’s horrible.) I think you need to go get a notebook and write all these ideas of yours down.”
So, because I don’t feel like BUYING a notebook (which would totally be a waste of tree!) I decided to start a blog. Heaven knows people probably get super sick of reading my crazy thoughts and rants on facebook, so… I’ll just write them all here.
Here are my crazy thoughts, and ideas for today.
1. A treehouse, out in the middle of the woods. Cheap, quiet, beautiful, and most of all FREAKING FUN!!!
2. Unschooling. Just trying to figure out the best way to make it work for Princess Snarf Popper.
3. Little King of the WooHoo’s upcoming surgery. I know that without it, he will probably continue to have an extremely hard time growing, but what if the surgeon messes up?!?!?!?! What if they give him too much anesthesia?!?!?!! Seriously. This shit keeps me up at night.
4. Diet. Not like an “Ooooh, I’m soooo fat” diet – tho… I am soooo fat. But more… veggies, fruits, etc, and more natural vit. D. Can only be good.
5. Play Dough! In 7 minutes and 37 seconds I will be shutting off this computer and making some play dough with the kiddos.
6. Cleaning. Mainly, we need to get rid of stuff. SERIOUSLY. Too much STUFF up in here.
So, there ya go.